Sausage–Stuffed Butternut Squash Recipe
by Mrs. Guerry Holm
- 3 butternut squash cut in half
- 1 lb. sausage
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 8 slices bread, cut in 1/2″ cubes
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- Place squash cut side down in greased shallow pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 40 minutes until easily pierced.
- Fry sausage until brown and crumbly.
- Add onion and garlic. Saute ’til onion is soft.
- Stir in bread, parsley, and eggs. Remove from heat.
- Turn squash cut side up, remove seeds, mash squash in the skin, spoon sausage mixture over and return to oven to bake 15 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Serves 6.